Lap Band Recipe of the Week
Curried Egg Salad
- 7 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (preferably canola oil mayo)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
Chop eggs. Combine with remaining ingredients. Serve 1/2 cup.
Serving size ½ cup
Makes 6 servings
5 gm. carbohydrate
12 gm. fat
245 mg. cholesterol
8 gm. protein
397 mg. sodium
Note: To further reduce calories, substitute plain nonfat yogurt for the mayonnaise
- Serve on ½-1 toasted whole wheat English muffin ( if bread is tolerated)
- Lettuce wrap: roll egg salad in a Romaine lettuce leaf. Eat with a portion of fruit.
- Serve over 1 cup salad greens (ex: baby spinach or romaine). Garnish with orange slices.
Recipe adapted from Canyon Ranch.
More Lap Band Recipes. (Note: Clicking on the link will redirect you to my website devoted entirely to Lap-Band.)
More weight loss surgery.
Back to Personal Nutrition Guide Home.