I recently learned from taking a alcat test that I'm severly allergic to eggs. I have your gastric companion and was looking at the sample menu and wonder what I could use that would be similar to eggs.
Looking for suggestions in place of egg protein.
Tofu is a great substitute for eggs in dishes such as a quiche, fritatta or egg salad. The texture of crumbled tofu is similar to cooked eggs and you can add mustard, turmeric or nutritional yeast to give it a yellow color.
In cooking, you can use the following as substitutes for eggs:
- Ener-G Egg Replacer - follow directions on box
- 2 tbsp cornstarch = 1 egg
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour = 1 egg
- 2 tbsp potato starch = 1 egg
- 1 heaping tbsp soy powder + 2 tbsp water = 1 egg
- 1 tbsp soy milk powder + 1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water = 1 egg
- 1 banana = 1 egg in cakes
- 1 tbsp milled flax seed and 3 tbsp water = 1 egg
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask the Dietitian.