Food Diary Software
Use food diary software to keep track and analyze what you eat if you don't like the old fashioned way of keeping a daily food diary by hand.
It's as easy as 1-2-3
- Purchase and install diet journal software on your computer and/or PDA.
- Establish your weight and nutrient intake goals (the diet diary software will help you with this).
- Enter the foods you eat everyday and your food diary calculator automatically calculates calories and nutrients for you.
Studies show that keeping a food log doubles weight loss. If you don't like keeping track of what you eat and analyzing it by hand, use food diary software...free OR paid!
My Professional Opinion
My favorite food diary software is:
I like Weight-by-Date because it's:
Automatically calculates nutrient totals and tells you how close you are to your limits. Analyzes recipes too! Provides progress charts to keep you motivated. Includes a list of other motivating features including:
- Easy to use.
- Has a database of 40,000 foods to select from.
- Contains nutrition facts for 850 brands and 130 restaurants.
- Can track your nutritional intake for 10 nutrients.
- Trying to control diabetes? Track your carbohydrates.
- Trying to control hypertension? Track your sodium.
- Trying to control cholesterol? Track your saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Had weight loss surgery? Track your protein.
The company has been in business for 10 years. Comes with a 30 day, 100% money back guarantee.Food Log Software: Paid vs. Free
- body measurement tracking
- personal rewards
- goal planner
- a way to add links to your favorite websites (like this one!)
Paid Software: PROS
- No down time/hang time because there's no need to log onto a website and wait for each page to load.
- No advertisements.
- All your data is private.
- No need to worry that your data or your email address is ever being sold.
Paid Software: CONS
The good news however, is that it doesn't have to be crazy expensive either!
Weight-by-Date has 2 versions available at 2 different price points.
Just Do It
I don't care how you choose to keep track of what you eat...manually or electronically. Just do it.Free Online Food Diary List of Free Printable Food Journals
More of My Professional Advice You May Find Useful
FREE Weight Loss Help
Return to Your Personal Nutrition Guide Home Page