Lap Band Recipe of the Week
in Orange Tomato Cream Sauce
This Poached Scallops recipe can be adapted to many other types of seafood. Poaching is a quick, easy way to prepare all kinds of fish. Try poaching salmon or white fish in orange juice and orange rind too!
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 lb. scallops
- 2 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh marjoram
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat sour cream
- cracked bell pepper
- In a large, no-stick frying pan over medium heat, bring the orange juice to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the scallops and orange rind.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the scallops are opaque and tender. Remove the scallops with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes and marjoram to the pan; simmer for 2 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in the sour cream. Cook until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Season with pepper. Put the scallops back in the frying pan to heat through.
Serves 4. Per serving:
140 calories, 16 grams protein, 3 grams fat, 11 grams carbohydrate, 30mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 1 gram fiber
From Prevention's Low-Fat Italian Favorites (Rodale Press. 1996)
Serve with 1/4- 1/2 baked sweet potato.
More Lap Band Recipes. (Note: Clicking on the link will redirect you to my website devoted entirely to Lap-Band.)
More weight loss surgery.
Back to Personal Nutrition Guide Home.