Quick Vegetarian Meals
Great for Vegans Too
These quick vegetarian meals /quick vegan meals practically cook themselves they're so easy! In fact, many of the suggestion are quick no cooking vegetarian meals!
Note: If you're a vegan, use vegan cheese in place of dairy cheese and soy yogurt or coconut yogurt in place of dairy yogurt suggested in the recipes.
Quick and Easy Vegetarian Meals: Breakfast
- Oatmeal + blueberries (fresh or frozen) + walnuts
- Hot quinoa cereal + pineapple tidbits (fresh or canned in own juice, drained) + slivered almonds + cinnamon
- Banana French Toast: Puree 1 very ripe banana with soymilk and sprinkling of cinnamon for "batter." Dip whole wheat bread in batter and cook in pan prepared with nonstick cooking spray.
- Yogurt Parfait: In a parfait glass, layer the following: plain nonfat Greek yogurt (soy yogurt for vegans) and sliced strawberries or banana. Sprinkle with lowfat granola on top.
- Fruit Smoothie: Blend 1 cup skim milk (or milk alternative: soymilk, almond milk, rice milk, or coconut milk) + 1/2 cup frozen berries + 1/2 banana + 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds. Serves 1.
Quick and Easy Vegetarian Meals: Lunch
- Hummus Wrap: Fill a whole wheat tortilla with: hummus + roasted red bell pepper strips (use jarred to speed preparation) + baby spinach + lowfat (vegan) cheese
- Turkey--NOT--sandwich: whole wheat bread + Tofurky soy lunch meat (or a similar brand) + sliced tomatoes + lettuce + sliced avocado
- TLT (Tofu, Lettuce and Tomato): Stuff a whole wheat pita pocket with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and diced, prepared tofu (White Wave Baked Tofu and Tree of Life Tofu are good brands).
- English Muffin Pizza: Top toasted whole wheat English muffin with jarred pizza sauce. Add shredded lowfat (vegan) cheese and pineapple tidbits. Place under broiler until cheese melts.
- Veggie Egg White Omelet. Serve wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla with salsa. Note: Vegans can substitute scrambled tofu.
Quick Vegetarian Meals: Dinner
- Chili Stuffed Potato: Top a baked sweet potato with (canned) vegetarian chili. Sprinkle with shredded lowfat (vegan) cheese. Heat until cheese melts.
- Bean Tostada: Broil corn tortillas until crispy. Top with fat free refried beans, (vegan) cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and avocado slices.
- Taco Salad: Top salad greens with vegetarian chili. Top with salsa and crushed baked corn chips.
- Veggie Burger on whole wheat bun + tomato slices + Romaine lettuce + mustard + optional cheese
- Portabello Mushroom Burger: Serve grilled portabello mushroom on whole wheat bun + tomato slices + (vegan) cheese + wasabi mayonnaise (or Veganaise mixed with wasabi powder).
Do YOU have a vegan or vegetarian meal you'd like to share? Send me your quick vegetarian meals and I'll post them here!
More of My Professional Advice You May Find Useful
More Quick Meal Ideas
Credible Vegan Websites
Personal Nutrition Guide Home Page