Lap Band Recipe of the Week
Salmon with Mustard Dill Sauce
This salmon is so easy and so yummy!
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced fat or light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Six, 4 ounce salmon filets
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- Olive oil
- Blend sour cream, mayonnaise, and mustard until smooth.
- Add dill and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (May be prepared in advance and chilled).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Arrange the salmon on a baking sheet.
- Toss the asparagus with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and place in a single layer on the baking sheet along side the salmon.
- Season salmon and asparagus with salt and pepper.
- Roast 12-14 minutes, or until salmon is just cooked through.
- Transfer to serving plates and spoon the mustard dill sauce over the roasted salmon.
Serving size = 4 ounces salmon, 4 asparagus spears, 2 Tablespoons sauce.
Per serving: 269 calories, 33 grams protein, 3 grams carbohydrate, 12 grams fat.
Recipe from Susan Maria
Alternative serving suggestions:
- Serve leftover cold salmon over a small bed of baby spinach and use mustard dill sauce as dressing.
- Serve "shrimp cocktail," using mustard dill sauce as the dipping sauce. (Buy fully cooked, frozen shrimp and run under cold water to defrost.)
- Cold salmon salad: Flake leftover salmon and mix with broccoli and a small amount of brown rice. Sprinkle with low sodium teriyaki sauce.
More Lap Band Recipes. (Note: Clicking on the link will redirect you to my website devoted entirely to Lap-Band.)
More weight loss surgery.
Back to Personal Nutrition Guide Home.