Watermelon Nutrition Facts
1 cup of diced watermelon provides approximately:
- 45 calories
- 11 grams carbohydrate
- < 1 gram protein
- 0.3 grams total fat (< 0.1 grams saturated fat)
- 1 gram fiber
Watermelon is a good source of lycopene (which is also found in tomatoes), an antioxidant researchers believe helps fight cancer.
I love to recommend eating watermelon because, as with strawberries, you can eat big portions for low calories.
Nutrition Facts Watermelon
- Excellent source of vitamin C
- Very good source of vitamin A and vitamin B6
- Good source of vitamin B1, potassium, and magnesium
Nutrition in Watermelon
Snack on 1 cup of watermelon and you'll get approximately:
- 24% daily value (DV) Vitamin C
- 11% DV Vitamin A
- 11% DV Vitamin B6
- 8% DV Vitamin B1
- 5% DV Potassium
- 4% DV Magnesium
Eat Your Watermelon: Creative Menu Suggestions
- Make a watermelon soup by pureeing watermelon, cantaloupe and plain nonfat yogurt. (Serve in a hollowed out cantaloupe "bowl.")
- Mix cubes with reduced fat feta cheese and sprinkle with pepper.
- Toss with cilantro.
- Sprinkle with lemon or lime juice and top with chopped fresh mint.
- Freeze melon balls and use as a frozen dessert.
- Thread cubes of cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew on wood skewers. Drizzle with 100% orange juice.
- Puree melon with seltzer and a little fruit juice and serve in a margarita glass.
Get additional nutrition facts on watermelon here.
More of My Professional Advice You May Find Useful
More Food Nutrition Facts
Quick Meal Ideas
FREE Weight Loss Help
Leave Watermelon Nutrition and Return to Personal Nutrition Guide Home Page