Drink to Your Health!
The best blenders are the ones you'll actually USE! And few weight loss tool boxes are complete without one.
Why is a blender an important weight loss tool?
For a few reasons...
- Using a blender helps you make a balanced meal in minutes. A smoothie for breakfast helps you jump start the day with multiple food groups. How much faster can you prepare a fiber rich, protein rich, essential fat rich meal than to blend some frozen berries with water, protein powder and ground flaxseeds?
- Using a blender helps you incorporate more water rich foods (smoothies, soups), and water rich foods help you feel fuller.
- Using a blender can improve your nutrition: The best blenders help you drink the foods you otherwise don't eat. Would you ever think to drink your squash?
- Using a blender helps you eat more servings of fruit than you normally would. For example, you may add fruit to your cereal...a few berries or a sprinkling of raisins. But that probably doesn't even make up one full portion. And you're supposed to get 5-9 portions of fruits and vegetables a day!
| || |
| || |
| || Fruit and Vegetable Smoothies || |
| || courtesy of |
Healthy Recipes for Kids
| || Our healthy recipes for kids get kidsexcited about cooking and eating healthy. || |
If you make a fruit smoothie, you can easily consume 2-3 portions of fruit at one time. A smoothie with 1/2 cup O.J + 1/2 cup water + 1 cup frozen strawberries + 1/2 banana is equal to 3 portions of fruit.
Here's a yummy way to drink your vegetables - my Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. It's so delicious, a local smoothie shop serves my recipe during the holiday season!
Blend the following ingredients until smooth:
- 1 cup water/skim milk/soymilk
- 1 cup frozen butternut squash
- 1 cup frozen mango cubes
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
My blender is my most prized kitchen appliance.
...not all blenders are created equally.
I once spent an outrageous amount of money on a blender that looked great on my counter but I never used it because it didn't crush my frozen fruit very well and it leaked!
I'm now in love with the Vita-mix. Consumer Reports considers it one of the top 2 best blenders:
The following are less expensive but are also top rated blenders. (Check ratings before choosing a particular model.)
If you don't want to mess with washing a messy blender pitcher, you may like the Magic Bullet Blender. With this, the pitcher is the cup you drink from.
More of My Professional Advice You May Find Useful
My Favorite Weight Loss Tools
FREE Weight Loss Help
Consumer Reports best blenders.
Back to Personal Nutrition Guide Home Page