Lap Band Recipe of the Week
Great anytime of day, this breakfast sausage is a good source of protein.
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1/3 cup peeled and diced red apple
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- In a medium bowl, combine ground chicken with all other ingredients and mix well.
- Make patties, using 1/3 cup mixture for each.
- Place patties in a large saute pan. Saute over medium heat until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
Makes 6 servings, each containing approximately:
140 calories, 18g. protein, 4g. carbohydrate, 6g. fat, trace fiber
Recipe from Canyon Ranch.
- Serve atop 1/2 English muffin along with 2 scrambled egg whites, for an "Egg McMuffin."
- Crumble and serve rolled up in a corn tortilla.
- Crumble and use in spaghetti sauce in place of ground beef, and then serve over cooked spaghetti squash (instead of spaghetti noodles).
- Crumble and stir into Vegetable Quiche Cups prior to cooking.
More Lap Band Recipes. (Note: Clicking on the link will redirect you to my website devoted entirely to Lap-Band.)
More weight loss surgery.
Back to Personal Nutrition Guide Home.