Calories in Grapes
Calories in Grapes
and Grape Nutrition Facts
10 grapes (1.7 ounces) =
- 35 calories
- 9 g carbohydrate
- 5 g protein
- 0.1 g fat
- 0.5 g fiber
Another way to think about it...
... ~ 3.5 calories per grape!
(Calories are the same for both green and red/purple.)
Grapes Nutrition Facts
- an excellent source of manganese
- a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, thiamin, and potassium
Plus they contain lots of antioxidants called flavonoids.
Snack on 1 cup of grapes and you'll get:
- 33% of the daily value (DV) manganese
- 6% DV vitamin C
- 5% DV vitamin B6
- 5% DV thiamin
- 5% DV potassium
(There are 60 calories in grapes for a 1 cup serving)
Simple Serving Suggestions
- Add to green salads.
- Slice and add to tuna salad, chicken salad, or cold pasta salad.
- Add to pizza!
- Eat a nutritionally balanced snack that includes grapes and cheese.
- Combine different types in a fruit bowl for a colorful presentation.
- Slice in half and stir into lowfat yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Freeze and enjoy as a snack on hot summer days.
- Mix with sliced bananas, mango and fruit flavored yogurt. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Drizzle with orange flavored liqueur and serve in a martini glass.
- Fun grape recipes here.
Nutrition Facts About Grapes for Diabetics
Grapes usually get a "bad rap" for being "high in sugar" and are named as a fruit you need to avoid if you have diabetes.
The truth is...
...grapes are OK to eat if you have diabetes. They have a low glycemic index of 46 (which means their "sugar" is slow digesting).
Portion control is the only issue. It's easy to eat "bunches" of them. Stick to the 15-17 grape serving size and you shouldn't have blood sugar problems.
In addition, if you eat a little protein at the same time (cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt) or include grapes as part of a meal (vs. snacking on them with nothing else), the other foods in the meal help slow the "sugar" digestion.
More of My Professional Advice You May Find Useful
More Food Nutrition Facts
Quick Meal Ideas
FREE Weight Loss Help
Leave Calories in Grapes and Return to Personal Nutrition Guide Home Page