Egg White Calories
and Egg White Nutrition Facts
|Egg White Calories|
| ||2 Large Egg Whites ||1 Whole Large Egg ||1/4 cup EggBeaters |
|Calories ||34 ||74 ||33 |
|Fat ||0 ||5 g ||0 |
|Protein ||7 g ||7 g ||7 g |
|Cholesterol ||0 ||210 mg ||0 |
|Sodium ||110 mg ||70 mg ||115 mg |
Some eggs-ceptional points of interest about the calories in egg whites:
- As you can see from the chart above, egg whites are a good low calorie source of protein.
- You can get the same amount of protein from 2 egg whites as 1 whole egg...but for 40 calories less!
- 2 egg white calories are the same as 1/4 cup egg substitute (ex., Egg Beaters), but fewer chemicals.
Egg Beaters Nutrition Facts
"Egg substitutes" like Egg Beaters, are simply egg whites with artificial color and flavor added.
The more flavors added ("southwestern," "chive"), the higher the sodium content.
Egg White Nutrition Facts
- 2 egg whites have the same amount of protein as 1 whole egg.
- Egg whites can be substituted for whole eggs in cooking:
- 1 egg = 2 egg whites = 1/4 cup egg substitute
- Diabetes "Exchanges:" 2 egg whites = 1 Lean Protein Exchange
Nutrition Facts Egg Whites
You don't have to exclusively eat the whites to benefit.
If you can't live without eating egg yolks, simply reduce how many whole eggs you eat by substituting with some whites.
Example: Instead of eating 2 eggs, eat 1 egg + 2 egg whites.
You'll still enjoy the taste of the yolk, but reduce the calories, fat, and cholesterol of your meal.
Simple Egg White Serving Suggestions
- Hard boil eggs. Remove yolks and fill center with hummus. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook egg whites (and a little milk) along with instant oatmeal in the microwave.
- Breakfast burritos: Scramble egg whites with a crumbled veggie burger. Roll in whole wheat tortilla and top with salsa.
- Egg white + lowfat cheese quesadillas. Top with salsa.
- Egg white quiche.
- Coffee Cup Egg Whites: Spray 12-16 ounce coffee mug with nonstick cooking spray. Add egg whites, a wedge of Laughing Cow lite cheese, and a little salsa. Microwave on high 45 seconds. Stir, and return to microwave for an additional 30-45 seconds.
- Enjoy your egg white nutrition from egg white protein powder. Use it in a fruit smoothie:
- 1 cup water
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup frozen (organic) strawberriesBlend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Try these recipes from the American Egg Board. (Remember to substitute 2 whites for every whole egg a recipe calls for.)
More of My Professional Advice You May Find Useful
More Food Nutrition Facts
Healthy Quick Meal Ideas
FREE Weight Loss Help
Leave Egg White Calories and Return to Personal Nutrition Guide Home Page