Healthy Quick Meals:
No Recipes Required!
Healthy Quick Meals
| || |
| || |
| || Chicken Fajitas for Diabetics || |
| || courtesy of |
Easy Diabetic Recipes
| || Free diabetic food recipes packed full of taste and flavor. || |
See FULL LIST of Quick Meals.
No need to sacrifice nutrition for the sake of time. The following menu suggestions are all nutritionally balanced meals and only take minutes to throw together. Plus...
...you don't even need a recipe to make them and they all get my professional stamp of approval!
So here you go...
...a week's worth of fast and easy menu suggestions for every meal.
Healthy Quick Meals for Breakfast
- Smoked salmon with tomato and onion on pumpernickel bread.
- Oatmeal topped with blueberries and walnuts.
- Melted lowfat cheese on whole grain toast, topped with tomato slices.
- Sliced hard boiled eggs served on top of toast with melted lowfat cheese on top, low sodium tomato juice.
- Cottage cheese mixed with sliced peaches or bananas, sprinkled with chopped walnuts.
- Plain nonfat yogurt mixed with sliced strawberries, sprinkled with ground flaxseeds.
- Yogurt parfait: layered plain nonfat yogurt, berries, and lowfat granola in a parfait glass.
Healthy Quick Meals for Lunch
- Turkey, hummus and roasted red bell pepper sandwich on whole grain bread.
- Veggie burger on whole wheat bun, salad with vinaigrette.
- Chili potato: Baked sweet potato filled with vegetarian bean chili, sprinkled with cheese.
- Peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole grain bread.
- Protein smoothie: skim milk, protein powder, frozen berries and ground flaxseeds blended together.
- Cheese sandwich (lowfat cheese) and tomato soup.
- Spinach Salad: bagged baby spinach with hard boiled eggs, sliced strawberries and sprinkling of walnuts, topped with balsamic vinegar and/or extra virgin olive oil.
Healthy Quick Meals for Dinner
- Lentil soup with whole wheat bread or crackers, salad with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sliced rotisserie chicken over bagged salad greens with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Turkey burger with corn on the cob, tomato juice.
- Pasta with garbanzo beans and marinara sauce, green salad with vinaigrette dressing.
- Lowfat tuna salad wrap, fresh fruit.
- Black bean, brown rice, and roasted red bell pepper burrito.
- Frozen Entree and fruit for dessert.
Yes, a frozen entree can be part of a nutritious diet as long as you read the nutrition label for the following criteria:
- No hydrogenated oils
- No more than 1 gram of saturated fat per 100 calories
- No more than 3 grams of total fat per 100 calories
- No more than 200mg sodium per 100 calories
- Recommended brands: Amy's, Cascadian Farms, Kashi, Seeds of Change
In my opinion, smoothies are the ultimate quick meal. They're great at breakfast, lunch or dinner, you can fit in multiple food groups at once and they never have to be the same flavor twice!
If you have picky eaters, it's easy enough to make separate batches for everyone, and it's fun to drink them out of pretty glasses with fun straws.
What to do next
See MORE Healthy Quick Meals.
PLAN your meals in advance using FREE meal planners.
Track what you eat using FREE food journal log forms
Back to Personal Nutrition Guide Home Page.