Maximum Weight Loss
How can a mini refrigerator (nice Amazon selection) help you lose weight? Aren't you supposed to stay OUT of the refrigerator in order to drop body fat?
True, but at some point you'll need to eat.
And if you work outside the home, chances are you'll need to eat at some time during "office hours."
(A fridge that actually plugs into your computer. Another that plugs into your vehicle.)
And when that time comes, chances are you'll make a decision based on what's easiest.
It's true. Research suggests that the effort required to attain food is a strong determinant of food choices.
- More effort = less likely to choose (ex: preparing a meal from scratch)
- Less effort = more likely to choose (ex: food within reach and ready to eat)
Keep a mini fridge at work and stock it with the foods you should be eating. This way, you're creating an environment that's conducive to meeting your weight loss and nutrition goals.
What to Stock Your Mini Refrigerator With
- lowfat string cheese
- individual containers of nonfat/lowfat cottage cheese
- individual containers of nonfat/lowfat yogurt
- sliced turkey breast
- non-mayo prepared "salads". For example: 3 bean salad, lentil salad, black bean salad
- low sodium V-8 juice
- jar of natural peanut butter or almond butter
- loaf of whole wheat bread
- easy to eat fruits: apples, pears, grapes, cherries, peaches, plums, bananas
- easy to eat vegetables: cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, snap peas, edamame
What to Stock Your Mini Fridge's FREEZER Slot With
- frozen bean burritos
- box of frozen veggies burgers
- Amy's brand frozen entrees
Who'd a thunk it...a mini refrigerator...a great weight loss tool...don't leave home without one!
More of My Professional Advice You May Find Useful
My Favorite Weight Loss Tools
FREE Weight Loss Help
Back to Personal Nutrition Guide Home Page