What is Dietwatch?
Measuring Daily Calorie Balance
An online dieting program.
If you like your anonymity, or have a hectic schedule that doesn't allow you to meet with a dietitian face to face, this online dieting program could be the next best thing.
How does it work?
From the comfort of your own home (with no snacks by your side of course), Dietwatch has you fill out an online "profile" that will take less than 1 minute to complete. You're asked to fill in:
- your email address
- exercise level
- whether you want to lose weight or maintain weight
Then you'll pick a meal plan preference:
- Reduced Carb Plan
- Heart Healthy Plan
- Vegetarian Plan
- No Restrictions Plan
You'll instantly get a "Diet Profile" back that includes:
- An assessment of your current weight status
- A suggested daily calorie range
- A list of nutritional goals outlining how many grams and milligrams of various nutrients you should eat every day based on the meal plan you chose.
In order to get any further details, you're required to subscribe. Prices are reasonable and competitive. As of April, 2008, the cost is $2.99 per week, with a 50% discount offered to those who pay in advance for a full year. ($1.49/week!)
What You Get With Your Paid Subscription:
- Personalized meal plans with grocery lists
- Personalized exercise programs including aerobic, strength training and flexibility programs
- Food journal
- Exercise tracker
- Support (chat, blogs, and message boards)
- Tools to manage emotional eating
- A FABULOUS tool called the "Daily Calorie Balance." It considers calories eaten versus calories burned, calculating your net calorie deficit (or surplus) for the day. In other words, you'll see whether your eating and exercise for the day has you on track for weight loss!
- The Daily Calorie Balance tool (have I mentioned I think it's great?)
- A well rounded program.
- Provides online support.
- Meal plans are planned by registered dietitians.
- Exercise plans are developed by experts.
- Emotional eating component available, for additional fee. (You do know about emotional eating, don't you?)
- Their staff of experts are all professionals and well accomplished in their fields.
- Their meal tracker (food journal) is compatible with other programs, in case you don't care for one of the diet's 4 meal plans.
- Offers only 4 meals plans. (ediets offers 22 diet plans.)
- No face-to-face interaction with a real human.
My Professional Opinion
If online dieting is for you, Dietwatch is a well rounded, reputable, reasonably priced program that I can recommend with no hesitation.
If you prefer a more personalized approach, feel free to contact me for professional help.
Did YOU Ever Try Dietwatch? Tell About Your Experience!
The best source of information on Dietwatch, is the people who have tried it. If you're one of them...
Did you lose weight? Were you able to keep it off? Are you still using the site? How did you feel when you were on their diet? Would you recommend it to others?
More diet reviews.
Back to Personal Nutrition Guide Home.