List of Healthy Snacks
This list of healthy snacks can help you get an idea of what nutritionally balanced snacks should consist of.
These easy to make snacks are useful if you're trying to eat healthy and they're healthy snacks for weight loss as well!
Eating wise snacks throughout the day is one of the best ways to boost your metabolism.
Smart Quick Snacks:
Keep a "Master Snack List"
- Hard boiled egg: remove the yolk and fill the center with hummus. Sprinkle with paprika
- Part skim mozzarella string cheese and 1 apple
- 1/2 turkey sandwich
- Apple spread with peanut butter or pumpkin seed butter
- Whole grain crackers and hummus
- 1/2 (lowfat)cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread
- Edamame (green soybeans) and low sodium tomato juice
- Banana smeared with natural peanut butter or almond butter
- Cottage cheese and peaches
- Lowfat yogurt sprinkled with almonds or pumpkin seeds
- Homemade trail mix: oat cereal + walnuts + dried cherries
- Lowfat yogurt sprinkled with lowfat granola
- Low sodium V-8 juice and part skim mozzarella string cheese
- Turkey slices: spread with hummus, roll up and eat. Wrap in lettuce leaf if desired
- Small bowl of whole grain cereal and skim milk
- Homemade fruit smoothie: blend 1 cup skim milk and 1 cup frozen berries until smooth
- 1/2 baked sweet potato topped with lowfat cottage cheese; sprinkle with cinnamon
- Small portion of almonds mixed with raisins
- Small portion of walnuts mixed with dried cherries
- Plain yogurt mixed with sliced strawberries or bananas
From the list of healthy snacks above, write down the ones you like and call it your "master" list.
Pick 2-4 easy to make snacks every week from your list that you will rotate between and buy the necessary groceries.
Each week, choose 2-4 different quick snack recipes to prepare so you don't get bored!
More of My Professional Advice You May Find Useful
Healthy Quick Meal Ideas
Free Weight Loss Help
Leave List of Healthy Snacks and Go To Your Personal Nutrition Guide Home