1500 Calorie Diet Plan
(Want Dairy in Your Diet? See 1500 Calorie Diet Plan WITH Dairy here.)
Take all the guesswork out of what to eat with this sample 1500 calorie menu plan.
Want to know how to make sure you're following a 1500 calorie diet plan and not an 1800 calorie diet (or more)?! Use measuring cups and spoons and a food scale. Not forever. Just for a few days or a week to make sure your portioning is right on.
Notable Points About This Free Sample 1500 Calorie Diet Plan
|1500 Calorie Sample Meal Plan |
1 cup (cooked) oatmeal
1 banana, sliced
2 slices whole wheat bread
4 ounces sliced turkey breast
1/8 avocado, mashed
Lettuce and tomato slices as desired.
Eat with 1 cup cherry tomatoes and 1 orange.
1/2 pb sandwich:
1 slice whole wheat bread
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
4 ounces baked or grilled chicken
1/2 cup brown rice
Garden Salad: 2 cups salad greens + 1 cup additional veggies (carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, etc.) + 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
15 frozen grapes
- This menu is low in total fat (< 30% fat).
- This plan can be used as a 1500 calorie diabetic diet sample menu plan.
- Note all the colorful fruits and vegetables in the sample menu. You can substitute other fruits and vegetables if you don't like the ones I've suggested. Make a point to include them!
- All meals have a protein source and/or a healthy fat source. Both protein and fat help fill you up and keep you full between meals.
- All suggested grains/carbs are "good" carbs/"whole grains."
What If I Don't Like the Foods Suggested in the Sample 1500 Calorie Diet Plan?
Contact me for personalized menu planning. For a small fee, I'd be happy to write menus that fit your particular food preferences and dietary needs (high protein, low carb, low cholesterol, low sodium, high fiber, etc.)
If you don't want to do your own cooking but want/need to follow a 1500 calorie menu plan, consider ordering diet meal delivery.
Get More Info on Balanced Meal Planning.
Get Ideas for Healthy Quick Meals
(Need a different calorie level? See free 1200 calorie meal plans and sample 1800 calorie diets here.)
More FREE Diet Tools:
Return to Your Personal Nutrition Guide HOME