1800 Calorie Diet Plan
(Want Dairy in Your Diet? See 1800 Calorie Diet Plan WITH Dairy here.)
Have you been prescribed an 1800 calorie diet plan? Is so, use this sample menu to get started.
Don't forget to use measuring cups and spoons and a food scale for a few days to get the hang of proper portion sizes. Otherwise, your 1800 calorie meal plan can turn into a 2000 calorie (or more) diet!
(See free 1200 calorie meal plans and sample 1500 calorie diets here.)
Notable Points About This Free Sample 1800 Calorie Diet Plan
1800 Calorie Meal Plan
1 oz. grilled Canadian bacon
1 whole wheat English muffin
Eat with 1 banana.
2 slices whole wheat bread
4 ounces sliced turkey breast
1/8 avocado, sliced
Lettuce and tomato slices as desired.
Eat with 1 cup cherry tomatoes and 1 orange.
1 small apple
140-160 calorie size granola bar/cereal bar
(Example: Cliff Jr. Bar)
5 ounces baked or grilled chicken
½ cup brown rice
Garden Salad: 2 cups salad greens + 1 cup additional veggies (carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, etc.) + 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
Dessert: 1 cup berries
15 frozen grapes
1/4 cup almonds
- This is a lowfat meal plan (< 30% fat).
- This sample menu is appropriate for use on 1800 calorie diabetic diet.
- Every meal contains produce: 1 serving of fruit, vegetables, or both. You can substitute other fruits and vegetables if you don't like the ones I've suggested. Just make sure to include them at every meal.
- All meals have a protein source and/or a healthy fat source. Both of these nutrients help fill you up and curb hunger between meals.
- All suggested grains are whole grains.
What If I Don't Like the Foods Suggested in the Sample Diet Meal Plan?
Contact me for personalized menu planning. For a small fee, I'd be happy to write menus that fit your particular food preferences.
If you don't want to do your own cooking but want/need to follow a 1800 calorie menu plan, consider ordering diet meal delivery.
Get More Info on Balanced Meal Planning.
Get Ideas for Healthy Quick Meals
More FREE Diet Tools:
Return to Your Personal Nutrition Guide HOME