Create a Grocery List
How to create a grocery list that will result in eating a healthy balanced diet:
- Download a print this blank grocery shopping list.
- Use my online free grocery shopping list to select the foods you'll buy.
- Commit to making a grocery list that includes these nutritious "core" items.
When you're feeling ambitious, plan your meals in advance for a week or a month:
- Use these free meal planner templates.
- Create a master grocery list of all the groceries you'll need for that week or month.
- SAVE YOUR WORK.
- File your menu along with your grocery list and pull it out on a week or month when you don't have time to plan.
Get to it! Create a grocery list now!
More of My Professional Advice You May Find Useful
Quick Meal Ideas
FREE Food Diaries
FREE Weight Loss Help
Your Personal Nutrition Guide Home Page
Create a grocery list of "core" items every week that includes:
- 2-4 different lean protein sources
- 2-5 different colorful fruits**
- 2-5 different colorful vegetables**
- At least 1 healthy fat source
- 2-4 different healthy starches
**Tips on Making a Grocery List:
Choose A RAINBOW of colors in Fruits and Vegetables
Each different color family provides unique nutrition!
- Red: blood oranges, cherries, cranberries, pomegranates, radishes, raspberries, red apples, red beets, red bell pepper, red grapefruit, red grapes, red onions, red pears, red plums, strawberries, tomatoes, watermelon
- Orange: apricots, cantaloupe, carrots, nectarines, orange bell peppers, oranges, papayas, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, tangerines
- Yellow: bananas, butternut squash, corn, yellow grapefruit, lemons, mangos, peaches, pineapple, yellow apples, yellow bell peppers, yellow squash
- Green: asparagus, artichokes, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, celery, cucumbers, edamame, green apples, green beans, green bell peppers, green grapes, green pears, honeydew melon, kiwi, leafy greens, okra, peas, salad greens, spinach, sugar snap peas, zucchini
- Blue: blackberries, black raspberries, blueberries, eggplant, purple cabbage, purple carrots, purple grapes, purple plums, prunes, purple potatoes, raisins
back to top